We are bringing the Compassion Experience to MUMC October 5-8, 2018!
We need Welcome Hosts and Hospitality staff from MUMC to welcome our guests as they visit the Compassion Experience. To volunteer as a host or hospitality staff, click here.
- 1 Volunteer will be in the welcome station in the parking lot next to the exhibit & 1 volunteer will be in the church hallway to direct visitors.
- You will be trained prior to starting your shift
- Sitting is fine in both of these places.
- Time slots are from 10:45am- 3:30pm and 3:00pm - 7:30pm Friday, Saturday & Monday; 9:15am - 2:00pm and 1:30pm - 6:00pm on Sunday.
We also need Volunteers to help setup and tear down. To help us set up and tear down, click here.
- You must be able to lift approx 50lbs.
- Volunteers are needed Thursday, October 3, 8:30am - 12:30pm and Monday October 8, 7:30-10:30pm
To Volunteer as an Exhibit Operation Crew Member, please click here and follow the registration instructions provided by Compassion International.
- Ages 10-15 must have permission from a Parent or Legal Guardian, and a Parent or Legal Guardian must be present and volunteering alongside them.
- Ages 16-17 must have permission from a Parent or Legal Guardian, and can participate alone or with a group without a parent or legal guardian present.
- Parent or Legal Guardian must electronically sign Compassion's Volunteer Agreement & Release and Waiver of Liability on behalf of all minors once approved.
- Your time during this event will be utilized through various responsibilities such as: greeting guests as they enter the Experience, setting up iPods for guests, assisting guests with questions and guidance in the World Impact room, etc.
- You will be provided a t-shirt to wear onsite. Feel free to wear nice jeans, pants or shorts (in good taste).
- Please wear comfortable (preferably closed-toe) shoes.
- Special training will be provided for Event Volunteers prior to the event, as well as onsite when you arrive.
- As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to walk through the Compassion Experience as part of your training.
- Light snacks and drinks will be provided, but if your shift falls over a meal time, feel free to bring drinks/food as well.
- Time slots are from 10:45am- 3:30pm and 3:30pm - 7:30pm Friday, Saturday & Monday; 9:15am - 2:00pm and 1:30pm - 6:00pm on Sunday.
What is The Compassion Experience?
This free event features an interactive journey through the true stories of children living in developing countries like the Philippines, Kenya, Uganda and the Dominican Republic.
In over 2,000 square feet of interactive exhibit space, visitors will step inside homes, markets and schools — without getting on a plane. Each child's story starts in poverty but ends in hope.
You'll want to check out their website and sign up for a time to go through the Compassion Experience.